01 April 2009

hangin' in

well, it's been a looooong week (or several), but i figured i should update a bit... remember when i said i would post the final colored versions of Hamlet and Ophelia? well, here they are:I am relatively pleased with the outcome, seeing as how i had yucky stripey paper (thanks a lot, michael's) and painted them at the last minute. could have been a lot better, but oh well. they were quickly handed over to ASC, to be included in the benefit this month- wow, it's really april? anyway, i am curious what someone will pay to have my renderings- i did seven in all... hmm.

spring "break" was exhausting- tried to do too much, as per usual for me. but, i got to hang out in my little house, and catch up with the kitties, friends, family, work... love VA, so it was nice to be back for a bit. stripey-man was waiting for me, which made me really happy!

shockingly, i decided to try to do EVEN MORE when i got back to jersey. dumb. since i didn't get enough done over break, i stayed up til 5:30am last monday finishing two projects- but, i'm very happy with how they turned out. when i get my renderings back, i'll post a few. THEN, i tried to make ten waiter/steward coats for an HBO show all by my lonesome... which, i could of course do with no problem were i not in school, and had i not had a billion unexpected things crop up to deter me. grr! so, this past weekend was working ridiculous hours trying to finish- sunday, i worked from 9:30am til 6:30am monday! yikes! that was after staying up til 4:30am sunday, mind you. but, jackets are done and gone- hooray! the amount of last-minute rescue help i got from shopmates was very affirming, and made me feel like maybe i'm an okay person doing enough good in the world to inspire a little from others. i like that.

so, now i've slept some and am getting back on track. next rendering project is To Kill a Mockingbird. The story still makes me cry after all these years, and I am sad to think that it is still relevant. pics will follow soon, i'm sure.

in the meantime, enjoy a pretty shot of central park & guggenheim (can you spot it?) from the day before i drove home for break. i was so sick and gross that day, but it was so crisp and cool and lovely out! very refreshing... more soon. e

4 comments:

  1. Aww, Erin! You really need to take better care of yourself and get more rest! I miss you! I think someone will buy your renderings... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that Stripey-man made the blog! This is too much! Good drawings...HBO will be lucky to have anything done by you! Keep up the good work.

    Love you,

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing that you are that close to New York!!

    I love to see your renderings. What is the tan swatch for on Ophelia? I would love to see more postings of those! I love to see people's art work. Especially the ones I know:D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the color of the swatches doesn't read well in the photos, but the tan-looking one is actually a gold taffeta with diamond-pintuck stitching... i used it for the piping on her stomacher and sleeves. thanks for looking!!

    ReplyDelete